Our CEO, Benjie Nycum, sat down with the Chronicle Herald’s Nebal Snan to discuss issues surrounding the impact of the current Coronavirus pandemic on Nursing Homes and Long Term Care facilities in Nova Scotia. This is a subject that has been much debated in our studio’s daily check-ins while we work remotely and we were happy to discuss design, staffing and societal pressures that all impact the lives of people living in our province’s Long Term Care facilities.
A portion of Benjie and Nebal‘s discussion about the design aspects was published in the May 21, 2020, edition of the paper.
- Chronicle Herald article
- Blog post announcing replacement of Villa Acadienne (new design is based on the household model discussed in the interview)
- Blog post discussing impact of household design on Long Term Care facilities in Nova Scotia
- Blog post announcing engagement to present Nova Scotia’s household model at healthcare architecture forum
- Blog post announcing engagement to present Nova Scotia’s household model at conference on aging
- Annapolis Royal Nursing Home (Nycum household model project)
- Northwood at the Parks (Nycum household model project)